Well, here we are – the very last day of 2016. How was your Christmas break? Despite all of us coming down with a delightful illness, we still managed to celebrate, slow down, get out and explore and generally make the best of the not-so-good situation! If nothing else, I think it was sending a strong message that we need to listen to our bodies and give ourselves time to just be. I think maybe self care will come up a little higher on my agenda next year!
I’ll keep this post brief, but before I sign off, I wanted to run through some of my highlights of 2016. It was an unexpected year of travel, of being brave and jumping off the deep end. Annie and I took our design community Function+Form to new heights, collaborating with Houzz UK on two very special home tours, teaming up with Centrepoint charity to shout about their new Dean St Cafe project and organising a bloggers tour to Antwerp to discover new design talent.
Just before Christmas I wound up working on a shoot with Pinterest UK for Stylist Magazine‘s ‘Handmade Issue’ which was nothing short of a dream come true (see the couple of quick shots I took from the day).
We finally bought our own home again after three uncertain years of renting and even though looking around me now as I type I can see countless money-draining jobs that need doing just from my seat alone, it’ll all be worth it to experience the journey and share our house joys and woes with you. Heck, you might even find it useful too!
Curate & Display’s Top 10 Posts of 2016 (in no particular order)
- A Place To Stay | Hotel Alexandra Hilton, Barcelona
- The New House | The Before Tour – You can follow our updates on Instagram using #TheChathamHouse or see our sources of inspiration over on Pinterest.
- Essentials For New Nordic Kitchen Style
- Monochrome Hackney Loft Conversion
- A Nina+Co Coffee Break
- Milan Interior Highlights | Mater Design
- Bright Creative Renter Friendly Kids Room Decor
- London Design Festival Highlights
- Urban Jungle Book | Living + Styling with Plants – It was a real honour to be involved in the book and part of such a wonderfully green-fingered community.
- Travel Antwerp | St Vincents Lifestyle Store – a real highlight from our visit to Antwerp in October. #BloggersTourAntwerp #WeAreFunctionAndForm
So thank you for stopping by here and supporting Curate & Display – 2017 will be its third year and so we felt it was time to give it a little renovation of its own. I can’t wait to share it with you!
Have a very happy, fruitful, comforting, challenging (in a good way) 2017 and I’ll see you on the other side with more contemporary design, travel tips and house renovation anecdotes.